Sunday, April 20, 2008

My big-ass road trip: Day 2 – Goodbye, Chicago

Brunching at Selmarie.

Spent the morning/early afternoon wandering around Lincoln Square, perusing the small, eclectic shops and brunching at Cafe Selmarie (www.cafeselmarie.com). We stopped in to this great music store, Laurie's Planet of Sound, where I was tempted to buy the Lethal Weapon 2 soundtrack on vinyl. Close by was a used book store, a small, musty cubbyhole turned into a labyrinth of books piled waist high on the floor and buried three deep on shelves. Next to that was Quake, which specialized in action figures from the past 25 years or so.

Jai's somewhere in Lincoln Square, too, having coffee with a friend. I'll be picked up by 4 this afternoon, and it's off to Madison, Wis., before we head out Monday.

By the way, I'm not one of those people who is always taking pictures and posting them for all to see. But I figured this is my adventure, as boring as it may be, so I might as well document it.

No comments: