Saturday, April 19, 2008
My big-ass road trip: Day 1 – Chicago
I'm in Chicago. The bus ride from Cincinnati to Chicago took about 6 hours, more or less. (Well, more, actually.) The bus was a double decker, and, all told, there weren't more than 15 people on the bus the entire time. I had the whole back row of the upper deck to myself, essentially giving me a couch. It was a pleasant ride, spent watching episodes of Arrested Development and reading The Dark Tower IV. There was a woman on the bus who, I'm assuming, was the mother of the two kids riding along with her, who had a hairdo that can only be described as miter-like. Actually, it was more like three miters, swept back in sculpted majesty on her head, like three sails on an 18th century clipper ship. Now, I'm not criticizing her hair style; rather, I'm still wonder how, at the early hour she must have had to get up to get her boys ready and get them to the bus, she was able to construct such an incredible structure upon her head. Boggles the mind, I tells ya.
So, yes, here I am, at the abode of Dan and Ann and their tailless cat, Jack. I've had a drink, I've had some laughs, and I'm ready for food. And more drinks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I had no idea you had a blog! Thanks for the heads up and look forward to the future entries! Travel on! Travel Safe!
Post a Comment