
OK, so this is another frivolous project I've given myself that'll probably never pan out beyond this. But at least I got this sketch done. I want to draw cartoons of characters representing the different types of kids you'd find at a school. The jock, the artist, the Sk8tr punk, the overly imaginative sci-fi geek, the popular girl on her cell phone, etc. You get the idea. It's a way to do different types of characters, and it'll get me drawing. Also, it might help shore up my portfolio (if I finish enough drawings and don't punk out).
Well, here's the first sketch: the Science Nerds. When I was in the eighth grade, I did set my lab partner on fire during science class, so I feel I have a deep understanding of the situation depicted here. The challenge with this drawing was to not make the kid on fire look like Dexter from the cartoon Dexter's Laboratory. I'm not quite sure that his running pose works. I was really trying to push the pose, but I think it sort of fell apart. I'll go back and work on it. Once I get it settled, I'll do the finished drawing.
No comments:
Post a Comment