

It's Monday, which means it's deadline day at CiN. And that also means that during the last hour and a half of my time there, I've got some time to sketch. So, here are a couple of fun sketches I did. The worker is someone I saw on Fourth Street downtown Cincinnati. It's more of a caricature, an impression, than an actual likeness. The thing I really remember is his boots. He had huge, blocky boots that seemed four times the size of normal work boots. I thought they were great, and made for a wonderful graphic. Hillary's there because, once upon a time, I used to be an editorial cartoonist. I haven't drawn an editorial cartoon for 10 months, which sucks. I love doing it. And I'm fascinated by political figures. I can't recall ever drawing Hillary, not even when Bill was in office. And since there's a good chance she might become our next commander-in-chief, and since hope that I'll again someday do editorial cartoons springs eternal, I decided to give it a whirl. While drawing her, I realized that she looks a bit like Pope Benedict (lined, squarish face, sunken eyes) — and what's creepier is that both look like Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars. And the last sketch ... well, I just drew a bullet shape, and went from there.
No comments:
Post a Comment