

It's past 2 in the morning. I've been trying to sleep for a while. Got a lot on my mind. So, if I'm going to be awake, I might as well draw. Here's a sketch I just did of a character named Violet Moon. There's a woman in Palm Springs, Calif. named Viola Luna. If there ever was to be a model abuela, Vi would be it. One of the sweetest human beings you'd ever want to me. And I've always loved her name. I thought Violet Moon (the anglicized version of her name) would be a great name for some spunky space heroine. So, here she is, a rough sketch of her anyway, with her little buddy, Gompers, a helium-devil from a distant gas giant world. (His body is mostly a big cavity that holds helium, which helps keep him aloft.)
Boy, I need some sleep.
Here's also the first drawing of a series of drawings for a computer-based training company. I've tried to match their house style of illustration. One drawing down, 26 more to go by the middle of June.
Oh, and some news — It looks like I'll be designing the cartoon mascot for a childrens clothing apparel company in Britain. It'll be a farm tractor, a la Cars. I'm goin' international. Whoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment