Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Orjin


This past weekend I was in Chicago, visiting my friends Dan and Ann. (Or DaAn, as I shall now start calling them.) Anyway, DaAn do this thing every so often, where they get writers and other creative types and hold a salon, where people put their names in a box, and when a person's name is called, he or she has to read a story or show artwork. While I was there, I met a writer who told me about a comic book concept he was working on, and I agreed to do come concept sketches.

The main character is a creature named Orjin. He's a bear-like being who was captured and forced to fight as a gladiator. If you check out my last post, you can also see that his true nature is very gentle, and as Geoff, the writer, told me, he's almost like a Zen master who abhors fighting and killing. Yet, apparently he's rather good at it, being a bear and all.

So, here's my first digital concept painting of Orjin. Hopefully there will be many more, with other characters to come.

No comments: