
Here are four pages from my sketchbook (conveniently complied into one image). I've been feeling rather uncreative lately. I think it's because I've been working harder than usual at my day job, and I've been tired. I feel like I've hit a wall with my drawings; they're beginning to look flat and all alike. I need to take that next leap in my artwork. I think I just need to push my designs even further, and work more on facial expressions.
As a side note, the big bald guy on the bottom row is based off someone I saw at a highway exit. The dude seemed to be spilling out of his car. I wish I'd gotten a better glance at him, but then again, I like doing these quasi-caricatures, where I just get an impression of what someone looks like, letting me extrapolate the rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment