
Dear God, I hate using Adobe Illustrator. I just started to learn how to use it this year, and only recently have I begun to become somewhat proficient. But it's still a major pain in the ass to use. It's so ... well, mechanical. But I have to admit, the results are great.
About two weeks ago, during a moment of boredom during work, I did a quick sketch. It's a fake comic book cover, something that'll never have a story or follow-up illustrations. I'd seen this image of Moscow during a snow storm. The sky was bluish-white, and in the distance, mostly blurred from view, was the outline of St. Basil's cathedral. I loved the look of that image (it was on MSNBC, during a story about the spy death in London), so I started tinkering with this image.
To the left is my original sketchbook drawing. To the right is the digitally-inked version of the main character. I was going to hand-ink her, but when I scanned in the sketch, I realized the head wasn't to proportion. After shrinking it to size, I realized I was going to have to do it in Illustrator. Again, it was a pain in the ass. But it turned out good, I think, for my first digital ink job.
No comments:
Post a Comment